How to File a Civil Paper

(Ex-Partee Order of Protection, Execution/Levy, Writ of Possession, Detainer Warrant)
If you wish to file a paper yourself, as a plaintiff or agent in Hardin County, you must…

  • Go to the General Sessions Court Clerk’s Office at: 465 Main St., Savannah, TN 38372 (contact at: 731-925-3583)

  • Pay a filing fee. Blank warrants, information forms, and guidance will be furnished for you, but no legal advice will be given.

  • Be sure that all of the information on the defendant is correct and complete, including phone numbers, a work address, and employer name if possible.

In most cases, the warrant will be sent by the Clerk’s office to the Hardin County Sheriff’s Office for service. It is important for you to include a current phone number for yourself so you can be notified of the Court date.

Where to Pay a Citation

All citations for Hardin County are to be paid at the General Sessions Court Clerk’s Office, located at 465 Main St., Savannah, TN 38372. You can contact the office by phone at 731-925-3583.

Safety Resources

The Hardin County Sheriff Department also offers Child Safety Seat Installation training! For more information, please call 731-925-3377.

Victim Resources

Questions and Answers

The Process of an Arrest, Bond and Release